Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Homemade Baby Food

I'm turning 30 in 2 days and the internal clock is doing a baby countdown. For the last year I've been doing all kinds of baby research from cloth or disposable diapers (I'm gonna use both) to what kind of stroller is best. It's all that kind of stuff that makes my husband's eyes glaze over.
But we've agreed to try to start a family in the next few months. Woohoo!

I'm not super worried about the prepared baby food on the market but when I was a child my favorite was Gerber's Blueberry Buckle and that stuff is total sugar, although I would eat it right now if it was still on the market. But we know that the best foods are the least processed (I know there are decent frozen and canned alternatives.) But when you look at it from the standpoint of waste from all the jars and packages, the excess sugar and sodium, and the fact that it's canned and not fresh, it seems like home made baby food might be a good substitute.

I'm not a super "green" person but I like to do my part, and I am totally frugal. I also understand that when you have a kid there is a lot to be said about convenience. But I want to have a good balance of nutrients for my child. I found this great website with a bunch of homemade baby food recipes. I figure it's, at least, good to know about this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...