Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Glucose Screening Day

Only 109 days to go and I have been anticipating this day for the past month. I mean I have really been sweating over the fact that there is a 10% chance that I could have gestational diabetes. I'm worried mostly because I was overweight when I began my pregnancy and I know this puts me at a higher risk of having gd. I should find out by noon tomorrow, so cross your fingers for me.

From what I've read it seems that regular exercise really helps keep blood sugar in normal ranges and I am so hoping that is true. I exercise very regularly and always have. It's really important to me because of how much I enjoy eating. If I didn't exercise, I'd weigh 300 lbs easy. I ran 4 miles every morning before I got pregnant but scaled back to walking the 4 miles when I started gestating. Within the past week I've added in an afternoon gym session to my regimen. Please let this be enough.

Now I just need to really start eating healthier. This gestational diabetes diet seems like a decent plan to follow. Although I'm noticing on the sample menu 2 they suggest eating sliced turkey. Umm... hello listeria! But, just this second, I decided I am going to try to stick to this plan for the remainder of my pregnancy. Seems like as good a time as any to start being really healthy, uck.

Once again, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...