Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Moms Run This Town

Exercise: 8 easy miles, Sunday marathon primer

Sunday I ran 13.1 as my final long run prior to the Malibu Marathon. I've been playing with my pace to see what will work best since I haven't run a marathon in 4 & 1/2 years. I ran my 20 miler too slow, my 22 miler under-fueled and under-rested and went out too fast last Sunday. Today I ran a pace for 6 miles that I'm hoping is sustainable for 26 miles, I booked mile 6-7 at around 8 min pace to make sure I still had gas left in the tank and finished the eighth mile as a cool down. My projected finish is 4:30, but the hills may slow me down so 4:45 seems reasonable?!?! Hopefully :)

If you live near the San Fernando Valley and are looking to run, walk, or run/walk with other mothers at least once a week (or know someone that does) I have created a new Moms Run This Town group on Facebook. It's totally free and all you need is a pair of running shoes! The first meetup will be a 2.5 mile walk around the lake (2 times) on Tuesday ** EDIT**11/20** from 9:15-10 and then we'll let the kids play after. If you can't make this meeting just comment here or on the Facebook page and we can figure out what times and days work best in the future.



Have a great rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...