Monday, March 1, 2010

Exhaustion

I am so tired! This is the first time in my pregnancy that I've felt such utter exhaustion. I almost called in sick to work because I just wanted to put my swollen feet up and rest all day. There's just been so much going on and there is no end in sight.

It seems like the last trimester should be a time for rest and relaxation but it's the busiest of all when you have the least amount of energy. I mean I have 2 baby showers coming up, all the birth education classes, as well as newborn education classes and lactation classes, it's nuts. Then there are all the extra doctor visits since at 28 weeks most women are directed to see the doctor bi-monthly. And I have to go to my high risk OB as well on alternate weeks, so it's like I'm at the GD doctor all the time. It's not so much that I'm feeling sorry for myself, because I'm loving every second of this pregnancy, I'm just tired and whiny.

Then there's getting all the layette and the nursery ready, which I have to admit, is one of the best parts of the pregnancy. It too can be exhausting, but it is so rewarding to see the transformation of space. So crazy that it will hold a new life in just over 2 months. It's getting close to being ready. I'll post some photos when I apply the final touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...