Monday, March 15, 2010

What a Monday!

I woke up to the wonderful news that my friend gave birth to a perfect 8lb boy at 2am this morning. We've all been anxiously anticipating this boy, whose due date was last Friday, so I was uber happy to get the e-mail at 4am. She went into the hospital at 2pm yesterday afternoon with contractions at 5 minutes. I guess 12 hours of labor is pretty decent, especially when the outcome is a healthy baby. Welcome to the world little man!

This might sound weird, but I was a little sad when I got the news that she went into the hospital because I'm loving the pregnancy network I have right now. So many pregnant ladies! It's a symbol of hope that surrounds me right now and it's so comforting. But right after I got her news I received an email that another friend of mine is expecting! I'm so pleased by it I can hardly stand it.

Children really are a symbol of hope so having pregnant women around is such a blessing.

As for me, I'm hanging in there at 31 weeks. He's really been moving a lot, like crazy actually. I call it disco dancing because I can visualize the Saturday Night Fever move, legs scrambling and one hand poking. It's kinda funny. My friend Leah refers to it as the "starfish" , where all the appendages poke you in different places simultaneously. I don't think my little guy is coordinated enough for that, but that runs in the family.

He's so strong now too, sometimes I stop and say "Whoa!!!" like Joey Lawrence because he's just kneed me right in the belly button or given me a swift kick to the ribs. And he's so big now! At my last appointment they said he was measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule so although I'm at 31 weeks, he's measuring 33 weeks. We'll see if that's still the case when I go in for my ultrasound next week. At this rate I'm going to give birth to a month old kid! Nightmare! At least he's healthy and active, that's all I care about right now.

xo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...