Friday, February 10, 2012

Did It

Exercise: 4 miles running, 8:45 avg pace and 1/2 mile swim

The gym was incredible. Little Man loved playing with all the new kids that were all around his age and I loved my workout. Music Man even came along for a swim. The gym was busy but I was able to snag a treadmill so all was good in the hood.

I set out to do a mini in-gym triathlon but I ran out of time. I barely fit in the run and swim because I grossly underestimated how difficult a 1/2 mile swim is. Especially after a 4 mile run. I'm not seeing an Iron Man in the near future.

Swimming is much harder than I remembered. After 50 yards I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish 10 lengths. But I pushed myself to 10, about an 1/8 of a mile, then to 18, then 24, and I figured I could go the full 36 to finish the 1/2 mile. But it was crazy tough and my shoulders and back are screamin'. But not enough to not do it again tomorrow ;)

We celebrated with a fun date night. We went to Prohibition which was so amazing. So if you're ever in the Valley or LA, I highly recommend going there. Oh and we also had a random celebrity sighting, this guy from The Wedding Singer.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I have wanted to try Prohibition out, but when they first opened there were a lot of bad reviews on Yelp, so I never pursued it, but now I've heard from a few friends about how they really liked the place I'll have to check it out. Perhaps, they have worked out their kinks since they opened :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a long swim - I always think of the distance compared to running but it's a whole different ballgame! Nice workout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...