Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gradual Separation

Exercise: 84 boring minutes on the elliptical

Right now I'm blogging from Little Man's preschool (and eating what's left of his lunch) where I've been spending my Tuesday's and Thursdays the last 3 weeks. The preschool requires a gradual separation, meaning the parents don't just drop the kids off and go, we stay until the children are ready for us to leave. The school administrators think it makes the kids more confident. I think it's great but sometimes I wish I could just leave him and he'd butch up. ;)

The process takes longer for some children and I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the last parents to leave. Little Man is a little clingy. I do have faith he'll let me leave soon. He loves school and constantly asks to "Go school Now? Go paint, play doh, trucks!"

Today I'm doing my second trial separation; I just told little man I was going to the car and would be right back, but I'm just sitting in a separate room. If he gets upset I can get to him quickly. If things go well the next separation will be a bit longer until I eventually leave him on his own and can run errands or workout independently for the first time in 2 1/2 years! I don't want to rush him but the idea of free time gets me super excited.

Music Man has been out of town all week so I've been very busy with the Little Man, hence my excitement for getting some free time. My workouts have been all over the place since I can't run and can only use the elliptical when the Little dude is sleeping, otherwise he gets too intrigued by it and wants to play on it too. So I've been working out some early mornings and some late nights depending on schedule. I can't wait to have MM back and to be able to run again!!!

Hope you all are well and I leave you with some fuzzy pics of Little Man enjoying school.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...