Thursday, January 31, 2013

Heavy and Light

Exercise: 5.25 miles running and 2.5 mile preschool walk

Music Man and I got to go on a date last night. Dinner and a concert, it was so great. We went to a restaurant we hadn't been to in a while because we have mixed feelings about it (Yelp feels the same way, http://m.yelp.com/biz/mexicali-cocina-cantina-studio-city) but I was craving a Margarita. We were pleasantly surprised that the margarita and dinner were both awesome and it was pretty inexpensive since we got 2 meals, drinks and tip for $40. Not bad for LA.

The concert was a charity benefit called Heavy and Light for To Write Love On Her Arms http://www.twloha.com/index.php
which is a non-profit that offers hope and help for those suffering from depression, and addiction. One of the bands that Music Man does a lot of work with was headlining the show so it was fun to see in person what I've been hearing for months. The headlining band was Fiction Family which consists of Jon Foreman from Switchfoot and Sean Watkins from Nickel Creek. It's super cute. But we got to see one other singer whom I'd never heard of but thought was great, Christina Perri. Very reminiscent of Regina Spektor, you know, girl with piano kinda vibe.

We stayed up later than I like, meaning past 9 pm 😀 but it was fun to get away from the valley. Then I got out early this morning to go for a run which was pretty slow but I got it done. And now I'm at school praying it's my last day.

Hope you're having a good week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...