Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mom on the Run

I've been thinking a lot about running lately. I used to run, and I ran far. I'm not fast, although I do try, I'm built more for endurance. And I'm just really missing my marathon training. I'm so eager for birth so I can start my training again. LA Marathon 2011, here I come!

I guess what I need to do is put all my marathon training focus into focusing on an easy birth. I use a lot of meditation techniques to get through the discomforts of a marathon. Hopefully I can use those methods for pain management during active birth.

My favorite meditation is the chakra meditation. You just imagine warmth or light going through each chakra while implementing a pattern of steady breath and it really works as a relaxation tool. You can do it when you have a hard time sleeping, or when you're feeling stressed. It's like Advil for the soul. And if that doesn't work during birth, there's always morphine...

xo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...