Monday, August 2, 2010

Sans Papa

So here's another first: It's the first day of 2 weeks sans papa. Adam is in Austin working with a band. They're actually photo blogging the making of their first album, so you can follow that here.

The Austin trip is a great opportunity for Adam, but I have to admit I was a little ambivalent to drop him off at the airport yesterday. Hunter is a great baby with a mellow temperament (knocks on wood) so far... But it's the first time I've been totally alone with him. And I better get used to it because Adam's normal work schedule usually requires him to be out of the house 14 hours a day for months at a time. The last 3 months of my pregnancy he was on a project and I thought that was difficult.

But we're doing just fine; it's just another day.

Today also begins week 3 of my training and I ran 7 miles yesterday even though I was totally not into it. I hadn't slept well for a few nights so my legs felt like there were weights attached to them. I was going to stop at 6 miles, that's my easy lake route, but I finally felt warmed up at 5 1/2 miles and was able to finish the full 7. I only lost 1 lb this week, but I feel it may have something to do with some water retention, so I'll drink some lemon water and hope to lose 3 lbs by next week and be at my pre-pregnancy weight. Although I'm totally fine with losing just 1 lb, as long as I'm losing.

And why wasn't I able to sleep you ask? Both nights my dogs were to blame. The first night my 80 lb dummy of a dog got stuck under the bed. I still have no clue what he was doing under there but at around 4am I got up to feed Hunter and when I got back into the room I heard a rustling and Ringo's legs were sticking out from under the bed and moving like he was trying to run. I tried to pull him out but he was REALLY stuck. Then I lost it and just busted out laughing. That woke Adam up and he lifted up the bed so I could pull Ringo out. But it took forever because I was laughing so hard. I finally got back to sleep an hour and a half later, but only slept for 45 minutes before Hunter was ready to wake up to start his day. Just thinking about those scrambling legs sticking out from under the bed still make me giggle.

The following night was not so funny. I got up a bit before 4 again to feed Hunter and was back asleep 20 minutes later, per usual. At 4:45 am Hunter starts screaming hysterically, which he doesn't normally do. I wake up and am immediately assaulted by the rancid stench of dog poop. Adam is out of bed first and goes to Hunter. I stumble to the living room to find out the origin of the smell. I turn on the light, step lightly onto the carpet and SPLAT! I stepped right in the poop that is trailed the 20 ft width of our family room. I hop to the kitchen to wipe off my foot, screaming expletives. All the while Adam has gotten the carpet cleaner and towels and is furiously spraying and scrubbing the carpet. He takes the soiled towels outside to dispose of them, comes back inside and SPLAT! Now his foot is covered in poop as well. We were both yelling expletives, hopping around the house, and making way too much noise for 5am. We managed to get the mess cleaned up but after all that commotion we didn't manage to get back to sleep. I guess it's kind of funny, but I'm totally glad the weekend is over.


  1. Too funny!!!

  2. ringo under the bed is hysterical. don't you wish you could understand their thoughts?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...