Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Active Carrier

Exercise: 5 mile tm run- 8:45 avg pace

My goal today was to do some speed work and a sustained 8:45 is very speedy pace for me. I did a .2 warm up and cool down so my pace was even a bit faster. It's pretty warm here in So Cal today with temps above 90 so I was more than grateful today to have access to a gym. Thank you Y! I hope to get in some hills on Thursday or this weekend but I'm a wuss in the heat so we'll see how it goes.

This weekend I did some road running (7mi) and trail running (8mi) and even took the Little Man on a 3.75 mile hike with a friend. He ran about 3/4 of a mile and then slept in the Ergo until we were nearly finished. Carrying a 32 lb sleeping human on your chest for close to an hour up steep hills in the hot sun (while walking backwards ;) jk) is not for the faint of heart but at least the Ergo made it possible. It is an amazing contraption and if you plan to have a kid in the near future I highly recommend it. Especially if you are active. My good friend still uses hers with her nearly 3 year old son. So $100 may seem steep but you can use it far longer than most of the other carriers.

In other news I'm watching my friend's son for a few hours for the next few weeks. It's kind of a job, but not really since I'm basically just making gas money ;) And I totally reserve the right to take this comment back but so far two 2 year-olds seem easier than 1. Oh, and I get to give one back after a few hours ;) There is a ton of extra energy but the boys keep each other occupied and wear themselves out. So it's not really a job because the benefit is mutual and much greater than money. I'm sure it will get old but for now it's perfect.

Now I'm off to enjoy the remainder of nap time, clean a bit, and get ready for a mother's day tea party I'm hosting tomorrow evening. Have a wonderful rest of your day!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...