Exercise: 1 hr elliptical, 20 mins strength
1. Confession- I feel like I have no time to blog anymore and I blame it on my toddler's shortened naps and erratic sleep schedule. Truth- I am spending all my free time reading 50 Shades of Grey. It is both appalling and compelling. I find it entertaining but am totally freaked out by the fact that it's considered "Mom Porn" because I would never want my (hypothetical) daughter to be treated that way. Maybe I'm a prude, and although I am entertained, I find it about as erotic as a horror film. Wait, that makes me sound like the creepy one ;)
2. We cancelled our cable service today. I am not one of those people that never watches TV, btw. We just don't need it because we have our media center computer which gets HGTV and PBS and there's always Netflix. But coincidentally, our cable provider also provides internet and it mysteriously slowed down when our cable subscription was closed. Hmmmm...Fishy.
3. I was never one to make my bed daily; I'm just going to mess it up at the end of the day anyway. Monday I changed the sheets and have been making it ever since. I really enjoy getting in to the made bed at night and our bedroom seems so much more serene now. Then I read this: Zen in 10
4. I have been making a conscious effort not to snack mindlessly in the evening. It's my favorite time to snack but it is not doing good things for my clothes, which are too snug. Instead of snacking while reading or watching tv, I'm jumping on the elliptical. I'm going at a very easy pace but I'm not really trying to burn calories, just not consume them. Works well so far!
5. Trail run set for tomorrow, my last long one before my half in a few weeks. I'm going to try to do most of the course, about 10 or 11 miles. Hoping to avg below an 11:30 pace but the course is fairly technical in spots so I'm not counting my chickens.
happy Friday! Have a great Weekend!