Monday, October 3, 2011

Path to a Sub 25 5K and yummy Brussels Sprouts

Exercise: 30 mins elliptical, 20 mins strength-abs, butt, thighs, and 5 mile bike ride

So far so good. We've had a busy few days and it's been great; lots of little outings to the play ground, farmers' market and various stores. It's nice having such full days, Little Man doesn't have time to get grumpy and naps pretty well. Win win.

So an awesome thing happened a few days ago. I was reading one of the blogs I follow and I saw this post and half jokingly commented that I'd like her to pace me to a sub 25 5k. What's funny is she agreed! Luckily we don't live that far from each other so we're trying to find a 5k that'll work for both of us. I think it's super cool and hopefully mutually beneficial.

Here are a few photos just for fun


I love Brussels sprouts and make them whenever Music Man is out of town. These were sauteed with a little olive oil, onion and fake bacon, then seasoned with s&p. Just FYI, the trick to tasty Brussels sprouts: cut in half and remove the core so they resemble Pac Man. The core is the bitter part so removing it just leaves behind sweet little cabbage dudes.


Dessert: glass of wine and Dark Chocolate pb. Why I thought it was a good idea to buy that pb I will never know. What I do know is that it has only been in this house 3 days and there's maybe a smidge more than half left.


Today's pic: more stripes, less guns ;)

Hope you're having a good Monday.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...