Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vacation!!

We're just over an hour away from our final destination and it's been a pretty peaceful drive. The bad news is that Little Man has been having some nighttime sleep struggles due to lingering sickness and teething but the good news is that he happily played with toys the first half of the drive and has been asleep ever since.

I am feeling about 90% better, I still am a bit congested but I have to tell you that Mucinex DM and Oscillococcinum knocked this sucker out quick. The r&r helped out as well. Music Man took care of all the last minute trip details and put Little Man down for a nap yesterday which allowed me 3 solid hours to lay in bed dozing and reading.

I am reading a great book so I was able to sit still, something I often have trouble with. The book is "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot and it is incredible. It's a non-fiction page turner that I've devoured. It's the biography of a woman that died of cervical cancer, well actually, its the biography of her cancerous cells and how they've affected her family and YOURS. I don't know how to attach a link, so Google the book and I can only imagine you will find the story as intriguing as I have.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...