Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Adjustments

Exercise: 60 mins elliptical 10 mins quick weight sesh

So it seemed like Little Man was feeling better but he was up until 9:30, late for a little guy, throwing up. It was awful for both of us. Worse for him because he's feeling bad but being covered in vomit twice in one night is no cakewalk. I was thinking he was feeling better because he finally got his appetite back, but everything got spit up. Poor little dude.

Earlier this evening I was thinking about my new plan of attack for ultra marathoning. I thought I might find a different 50k that occurred sooner than the 2012 Bulldog but I think I'll just stick with the plan of completing the Bulldog 50k next year. I think it's a good idea to have some other races under my belt first.

I'll be doing a 5k in mid August just to get my speed on. I still plan to run the Bulldog 25k at the end of August and I'd like to get a spring marathon in to have some good distance training. I'm thinking the LA Marathon would be a good race because I've completed it twice and I'm pretty sure I can pr on it, or maybe even bq!? Then I can take a month or 2 off training before I begin hardcore training for the Bulldog. So that's the plan for now. Let's hope life complies, at least somewhat.

So my running regimen has been adjusted but I've been getting in some great workouts and eating pretty well. It's weird, but the last few days I've been grossed out by animal protein. Just looking at it makes me queasy. I had a nasty run in with a putrid chicken last week. It had gone bad prior to it's expiration date and it's the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered. Worse than being vomited on twice. I can smell it just thinking about it and my stomach lurches. So I used up all the animal protein in the fridge this weekend and we'll be eating veggie based protein this week until I that experience fades from my memory.

We've been eating a lot of oatmeal for breakfast lately. I rarely used to eat it because I didn't find it satisfying, I'd be hungry mid morning. Now, with the addition of chia seeds and flax, I'm finding it very hearty and filling. I might be addicted ;)



It was super hot today so the only thing that sounded appealing for lunch was a salad. I loaded up my bowl with spinach and baby greens and added a ton of veggies and some lentils for my protein. I hadn't had lentils in a very long time so it was a treat.



Pizza is a favorite dinner around here so I made us personal pizza's with Udi's gluten free crusts, rice shreds and spinach and mushrooms. I paired the pizza with another veggie laden salad with the addition of beets and walnuts. I think I could eat beets, walnuts, goat cheese and balsamic at every meal and never tire of it.



I'm embarrassed to admit it but I had, like, 4 desserts. I have too much yummy crap in my house and couldn't control myself. Oh well, I don't workout for nuthin'

1. meringue cookie
2. a small cup of Captain Crunch in coconut milk
3. a serving of chocolate sorbet
4. dark chocolate covered vanilla caramels

And I have no excuse for this behavior, but damn if it wasn't worth it!

What do you like to indulge in?

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm excited to read yours, too. Your story on the right sidebar is awesome and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...