Saturday, July 16, 2011

Up All Night

Exercise: 50 Mins elliptical and 15 Mins strength.

Today was another day I was surprised I got any workout in at all. Little man was up all night last night. ALL NIGHT! Music man only slept from 4-8. I think I slept from about 2-6:30 with a few wake ups in there. Music man definitely won the "most tired" prize. And he had to make a midnight drugstore run. And work. Not fun.

I was so exhausted the idea of working out was totally unappealing but it's the one thing I have to do every day. I know if I don't work out I'll just feel worse. I told myself all I had to do was low resistance elliptical for 30 minutes but once I got going I was in it. I did the Body-For-Life cardio training plan (twice) and even finished up with some arms and abs.

When I finished the workout it was way past my normal lunchtime so I was starving and made a huge wrap out of a brown rice tortilla with turkey, tomatoes, avocado, and a tatziki like yogurt sauce I threw together. So darn tasty. I paired it with some yummy cherries and strawberries.


Music man and I thought about ordering in dinner since we were both so tired but it's just too hard for us to order in. Music man is eating almost completely gluten free and dairy free these days. He also limits his intake of acidic foods as well as eliminating liquor, chocolate and anything spicy or flavorful. So take out is pretty limited. and we don't have many healthy take out options in our area that are also tasty.

I ended up creating a simple polenta dish with tomatoes and basil from our garden and a few other veggies I had on hand. I topped it with an herbed chicken breast that I stuffed with rice shreds and basil. Incredible!




Have a great rest of your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...