Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Moments

On Saturday morning my mother came up bright and early to stay with me for the weekend. She arrived right after I ran my fastest 3 miles, evah! 24:25!!!

It was so nice to have the company and so nice to be able to get stuff done while Little Man was happy and totally occupied. We had a lovely day of shopping, going to the park with Little Man


and walking around the lake. It was really nice.  When we returned home we sat in the shaded back yard while Little Man played in the pool. My mom watched him so I could go inside and make peanut butter pie. I chose to change it up a little bit and I made peanut butter ice cream pie. I used the pie crust from Jennie's recipe, then filled it with my peanut butter ice cream recipe and topped it with whipped cream.


HEAVEN

Droooooooooool

The pie was so tasty and I got to devour it with my loved ones. I highly recommend making any kind of pie to share with your loved ones. And while eating it actually thinking about how wonderful it is that we get to share these moments. 

My mother left early on Sunday morning after a quick trip to the farmers' market for tamales and produce. Music Man went for a 30+ mile bike ride with a friend and Little Man and I chilled for a while.
And then...

I got to meet the musician Music Man is working with! It was such a treat for me. And the best part was she was so sweet and down to earth. In my previous career, prior to stay at home mom, I worked in interior design directly for high end clientele. Quite a few of our clients were extremely famous actors and performers and I suppose they were jaded by being so immersed in the Hollywood lifestyle but they weren't the kindest. Except for Blythe Danner, I'll mention her because, to this day, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. So having this famous musician be so genuine was very refreshing.

This musician is out here from New York and somewhat confined to her hotel so she started going a little stir crazy. Music Man offered for us to rescue her. We took her to our favorite restaurant, a cute gastro pub with a great view. But she was more taken with Little Man than the view. She told Music Man on Monday that she missed Little Man. Very sweet. It was so nice to share a meal because it became clear that she's just a normal girl (but with a pretty cool job.)  I know people always say that famous people are just that, people. But a lot are larger than life and some are assholes.

So my favorite part of the night was our stop at the grocery store on the way back to her hotel. She found herself rationing out water because they were $10 a pop! So we went to this health food store, to get her stocked up on supplies, that was like a mix between Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Ralphs. Some brand products, some organic specialty store products, and random things like Diva Cups. There was also weird lighting and great oldies playing that Little Man and I danced in the aisles to. It was just weird and fun and made me feel like a kid again. I love those care free moments.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! If the musician wants to hang out with other cute kids she is more than welcome to babysit either or both of my boys :) Christopher and I will have to try out your favorite restaurant because it looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...