Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Exercise: 4.5 mile run, 3.1 miles at a little over race pace 26:15, 8:28 avg pace

Ugghhh too slow. This run killed me. I had planned to run about 10 seconds over race pace, 8:10 avg. That obviously didn't work out. There are a few reasons my pace was slower than planned but we'll have to see how it works out at Sunday's race.

1. Little Man started tossing and turning at 3:30am and although he didn't wake up until 6, I was up for good at 3:30.
2. I had to run with the jogging stroller. Pushing 50lbs adds a lot of resistance especially when you're trying to run fast. Not to mention trying to keep the jogger straight over uneven sidewalks and slowing down for bumps so as not to give the baby whip lash.
3. I had 2 beers the night before. I never do that before a race so why I thought I could getaway with it before attempting to run race pace is ridiculous.

Now I taper. Slow easy run set for tomorrow with some easy yoga and no running at all on Saturday, probably no exercise. I may do a little yoga or stretching, but that's it.

I'm getting really excited for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...