Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes

Exercise: 8 miles- around 9:50 pace

So yeah, the last few days haven't been awesome. Sick baby= no bueno. Luckily, today feclt so much better and I got an 8 mile run in with Little Man and he was, pretty much, an angel for the bulk of the miles. Around mile 7 he got antsy so I let him out when we got back to the neighborhood so he could walk a bit. I actually ran 7.75 miles and walked the rest with him, but close enough.


I made his morning stroller confinement up to him with an afternoon trip to My Gym, a stop at Music Man's studio and a trip to the park. I think I made my first park mommy friend as well, I think we really hit it off. I hope she calls ;) Ha.

Here are a few pics from the last few days


Breakfast Sammy: A weird one but it's what sounded good when I woke up Tuesday. Spinach, avocado and mozzarella on ww bread. Little man was sick and wouldn't eat anything I prepared but he ate the heck out of this. In fact, he has totally been into spinach the last few days, which is full of vitamins so it makes me happy.


Dinner last night was red bean stew. Similar recipe to beef stew but red beans and veggie broth sub for beef. I added in a teeny tiny amount of smoke flavor to give it a meaty taste and my chef friend gave me a great tip on stews to give it a deeper taste. 1/4 cup brewed coffee to 4 cups liquid. You can't recognize the flavor, but it works.

I ate the stew for every meal today. I just added in some spinach, which I do for most dishes when I can get away with it. 

Now it's marathon TV time, I'm loving Up All Night (could be because I'm a new parent) Free Agents (my husband's doppelganger is the grocery clerk) and the music is super fun and ANTM!!!! I'm a tween. Modern Family in the morning woot woot!

Have a great Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...